Friday, March 11, 2011

Just finished Joshua

Not too much stands out for me from this book as far as questions, I do wonder who, if anyone will replace Joshua. Or for that matter, is this considered the end of the exodus out of Egypt? I took a peek at Judges and I see they have trials and tribulations. Maybe they need a figure to stand out as their leader to help guide them. Or is that the point, they have the Book of Laws handed down from Moses, is this where we see what the people can really do on their own? ( no spoilers please )

I do find it fascinating that they would designate towns, not one, but several, to be refuge for murderers. Sounds like everyone better be watching their backs.

1 comment:

  1. I think those towns were more like a refuge for those guilty of what we would call man slaughter - killing someone unintentionally - rather than murder.

    ReplyDelete