Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Deserters?

Something that just occurred to me as I was reading in Joshua, I have to wonder if people were deserting Israel and the whole promised land campaign. I can see it getting pretty tedious at times with all the rules and regulations and sacrifices etc etc. Wonder if some just decided they'd had enough and went their own way. There had to have been some of that going on, right? And then I would wonder if God would be mad at those people and kill them with an illness or snakes or something.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

2 comments:

  1. I can't help but agree with you. There were so many peopple to keep track of, and make sure that everyone stayed true to God. I imagine groups that were more losely watched over had alot of grumbling going on. I bet if they did wonder off on their own some act of God would befall them. Doesn't Joshua say, 23:6 Be very strong, be careful to obey all that is written in the Book of the Law of Moses, without turning aside to the right or to the left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you might want to consider this: However many years ago this happened, those people had a different mindset. We here in United States are rather independent and admire rugged individualism. I'm not too sure that was the general way of thinking back then.

    ReplyDelete