Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Book of Ruth

I really liked this book. I have to admit, as a fan of Fried Green Tomatoes, that when I read Ruth 1:16-17 it reminds me of the movie. I think it is a good story about staying true God. Naomi felt like God had left her empty, and I can imagine how she felt. her husband died and then her two sons died, that is just tragic. But she persevered and with a little bit of patience she was again rewarded. I think that Ruth gave her strength and with their friendship she was able to get over her past and see that the future is bright. It was almost as if Ruth was her project that kept her busy.

2 comments:

  1. The funny thing is that as I was going to bed flipping thru the channels I came across the movie, The Book of Ruth. I caught it in the half way mark, and it gave me more insight into Ruth. She was a Moabite, that was apparently a people who worshipped false gods, and sacrificed children in fire, and she was not welcomed into the new group of people. She had a very hard time. I need to go back and re-read it just to catch some of the things the movie touched on. I am sure there was some room for creative liscence, but overall I enjoyed the movie.

    ReplyDelete