Thursday, March 3, 2011

Just Finished Deuteronomy

I just finished Deuteronomy and I thought it was a beautiful book eloquently written by Moses. He very clearly reviewed what had happened and what will happen if the people don't follow God's commands.

An item I was curious about was in chapter 29:29 when he said the secret things belong to God and the things revealed belong to us. I wonder what secret things he's talking about.

32:51...I tried to find it with no luck, I just can't remember what Moses did to break his faith before God. I aslo find it interesting that God is telling Moses that you can see the land you led the people to but you will never see it. It seems almost cruel to keep rubbing Moses's nose in it, but at the same time Moses seems very resigned, to his fate, almost like he was just, well, tired. I guess it shows just how special the relationship they had together was. I don't know if cruel is the word to use, but almost as if God is just stating in black and white the rules and consequesnces of Moses' actions. (Matt, if you read this, it reminds me of the emails from Bible Bangers this week on nice, but not nice)

33:13-17...I thought the way he described Joseph was beautiful to read. It made me want to be part of Team Joseph. That is in contrast to some of the other's described in chapter 33. They were all nice, but this was nicer.

1 comment:

  1. God's secrets will remain a secret until He reveals them. I guess we just have to wait.

    Moses's sin was he hit the rock to make water rather than speaking a word to make the rock give up water. In other words, he did not do as God had instructed him to do. A hard lesson to learn, but a necessary lesson for the rest of the people.

    ReplyDelete