Thursday, February 3, 2011

Different Perspectives

I was wondering how one would go forward with a conversation with someone who said they thought of religion as a form of therapy, and you could take it or leave it, depending on who, (you or your spouse) needed it most, and a conversation with a catholic who said it is all in how you interpret the Bible. Both have very different points of view and have very different conversation points.

This is, of course, a side note to the readings we are having but as we have a blog I thought it might be interesting to get points of view.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure what you mean by "go forward" in these conversations. For me, I don't worry about trying to change people's minds. That's hard to do, especially in respect to their beliefs, and I'm not good at it. I do like trying to understand the back story behind why and how they arrived at their particular life philosophy. I just try to keep my mind as open as possible without judgment. I haven't always been that way, but I've found it's a much more peaceful way to live for me. Judging people is a lot of extra responsibility that I don't need.

    ReplyDelete