Friday, January 21, 2011

Just Curious

I think I missed who Aaron was to Moses. Not sure I remember the relationship.

Secondly, I was thinking of the Israelite people, they were in Egypt for 430 years, (Exodus 12:40) how long do you think it took for each of God's plagues to hit. I mean, was it instantaneous, or was it a process that took some time. I seem to recall from Genesis that the question of time came into view. What exactly is a day in the calendar of God who is omnipresent? (I am not sure that is the word I want to use) If you are God, who has been around for a very long time, is a day to him like 6 months or a year is to us? I am not questioning his miracles by any means. I had to take a few moments to look it up, but I think I am going by Max Lucado's book also. The entry for Jan 5 is: Is anything too hard for the Lord? No! Genesis 18:14 "The God of surprises strikes again. ...God does that for the faithful. Just when the womb gets too old for babies, Sarai gets pregnant. Just when the failure is too great for grace, David is pardoned, ...The lesson in three words is Don't Give Up. Is the road long? don't stop. Is the night black? don't quit. God is watching. For all you know, right at this moment, the check is in the mail. An apology might be in the making. The job contract may be on the desk. Don't quit. For if you do, you may miss the answer to your prayers. "

I would mlike to think the message is patience, and if that is true, how patient did Moses have to be before his miracles affected, then hardened the heart of Pharaoh?

these are things I've been thinking about today, It is late and I hope I have delivered to the extent I wish it be recieved. Ciao

2 comments:

  1. Aaron was Moses's older brother. He was born before the decree to kill baby boys. Moses had to have a great deal of patience and often he ran out. And the history channel had an interesting take on the plagues. It seems that one plague lead to the next one. Dead fish lead to gnats and flies etc. It probably was over a period of time but I don't know what time frame was involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something else I wanted to say, but couldn't get posted was about the two versions of Genesis. I read in the Erdmans Handbook that these two accounts were written from two different points of view, one commentary says from two different sources. The two accounts do not contradict each other, they are just different.
    And as far as the size of Noah's ark, well, just hold onto your hats because the Genesis Museum there in Kentucky is building a replica of it. When they complete it, we all shall take the journey and tour. Mark that in your calendars.

    ReplyDelete