Sunday, September 25, 2011

Song of Solomon

Finished Song of Solomon. This book is a bizarre one for me as well. It's seems like a non sequitur - it doesn't seem to have much to do with God. I've heard that it can be a metaphor for God's love for us, his church, his bride. Sorry, that's just weird for me, and maybe kinda creepy. Or it could just be an endorsement for romance and sex within a marital context - although I don't think Solomon (with all his dozens or hundreds of wives and concubines) is such a great spokesman for such things.

Other thoughts and ideas are welcome on this topic.

(Pictured - gazelles - Song of Solomon 3:5: "Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.")

No comments:

Post a Comment